Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fisherman Village - Tanjung Langsat & Perigi Acheh

Last two days I went to this industrial area inspecting (I hate my job...another story I still cannot put into words!!!) a new installed company facility with two of my colleagues.

One colleague told us the area was originally some fisherman villages. Out of curiosity the other drove us to two of the remnant villages, Kampung Tanjung Langsat and Kampung Perigi Acheh.


Weather has been a bit unpredictable lately and for some months we have rainy season here. I just love the sights of nature and the gloomy rainy season made the random sight-seeing all the more heart-felt.

When we reached the beach few ships were cruising on international water. Singapore was visible and as I said before Singapore is near. Malaysia and Singapore are bound by the past, which I think enforces the point of some nationalists that history should be made a mandatory and a must-pass subject to the new generation.

An innocent boy biking alone...I could not but contemplated where this boy will be in twenty years time. I have no issue with the development of the neighboring industrial area but the surrounding locals's standard of living which have much to do with the new generation standard of education must be in tandem with the development. For the boy, taking the baton of life from his ancestor is no longer economically possible at any angle of discussion. I pray for him...


No comments: